Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The PTA isn't a small committee of people; it is every mum, dad, carer and teacher who helps to fundraise for the school.
The PTA raised more than £15,000 last year, which was spent on things that wouldn’t otherwise be provided for our children.
- kept down the cost of school trips
- playground sports markings
- Mathletics licences
- sensory room for SEN children
- paid for Science Museum workshops
- bought books, equipment, steel drums
- outdoor nature area
- help to build the community in and around the school
The PT organises events like: bake cakes for a sale, donate to a uniform sale, make a scarecrow or tidy up the hall after a school disco. If you have any other fundraising ideas, email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you help?
- Come to the next PTA meeting and share your ideas! For the date of the next PTA meeting check the PTA latest news . Anyone can come to the meetings where we discuss ideas and plan events, the more people who come the better!
If you can’t come to the meeting, email us your ideas to email@example.com
Sign up for one task, big or small, by yourself or as part of a group.
What else can you do?
The PTA have an account set up with Easy Fundraising. This is an easy way to fund raise simply by shopping online at over 2,700 top retailers, it will not cost you anything, but you will help the school raise funds for your children.
Register at www.easyfundraising.org.uk and follow the steps. Make sure you join the Penwortham Primary School PTA, London group as there are other Penworthams.
There are 2 ways to shop
- when online shopping, go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk first and then click through to the store you’re looking for, or
- download the browser toolbar and it will prompt you to activate the donations when you enter the website of a retailer affiliated with easy fundraising. I have the toolbar downloaded, I find it easier that way.
Retailers include Debenhams, Next, Argos, Apple Store, John Lewis, Sainsburys, M&S, Boots, Currys – you get the idea! Money from your purchase is turned into a donation and given to the PTA!
Does your company operate a matched giving scheme?
Many companies offer ‘matched giving’ to their employees - meaning that if you raise funds for our school, they will also donate funds.
This can mean that if you help out at a particular event - maybe you help run a stall at the Big Day Out or act as ‘Beat the Goalie’ at the Christmas Fair - the company will ‘match’ what that event or staff raises.
Please speak to your Charity/Community/Sustainability representative or someone in HR about whether this is something your company does.
How can you find more about the PTA
Register with Classlist to get all the latest school updates
Find us on Facebook - Penwortham PTA
Follow us on Twitter: @penworthampta
Registered Charity No: 1124911