Reading @ Penwortham
If you don't like to read, you haven't found the right book.
J K Rowling
At Penwortham, we strive to ensure every child develops a love of reading.
We do this through:
- Daily teaching of Reciprocal Reading from Nursery to Year 6;
- Weekly Book Share assemblies and regular discussions around book recommendations;
- Daily phonics teaching in EYFS and KS1 to support decoding skills;
- School Books linked to our school values;
- A text led curriculum using high quality texts;
- Reading competitions and author visits;
- Organising for parent volunteers to listen to children read;
- Book Fairs and Book Weeks;
- Well stocked class libraries;
- Ensuring all children visit our magical school library every week.
Please click on the links to find out more!